Nasa Nano Grav Filter w/ Spigot
Nasa Nano Grav Filter w/ Spigot
What You Get
Gravity Filter with Spigot - Comes with the Gravity Filter by itself with Spigot assembly. If you have your own Buckets & Lids--Drill a 1/2" Hole in the center of the Bottom of the first bucket and one in the center of one lid, on the second bucket- drill 3/4" hole for the spigot-- 1 1/2" up from the bottom. Match up holes in the bucket and lid and insert GRAVITY FILTER AND WASHERS WITH WING NUT.
Filters viruses, bacteria, cysts, algae, protozoa, sediment, dirt, spores, heavy metals, hormones, drugs, pharmaceuticals, radon, uranium, DNA, RNA as well as many other contaminants and disease-causing agents, and at sub-micron levels. It also reduces any radioactive particles which may be present.
With NASA, advanced space technology, you can drink from streams, rivers, lakes, ponds, springs, and other freshwater sources. The Survivor greatly reduces disease-causing organisms that cause cholera, dysentery, typhoid fever, as well as many others.
The Nano-fiber filter captures "small" particles not captured by conventional, mechanical filters. The Nano-fiber filter captures organic/microbial macromolecules which removes bacteria and viruses.
We are a modern, state-of-the-art, engineering, and manufacturing company:
Water Pure Nano-Fast Flow Water Filters were co-developed by NASA... and they are saving lives!
- 99.9999% virus reduction
- 99.9998% bacteria reduction
- 99.99% giardia, cysts reduction
- Greatly Reduces thousands of contaminants, including heavy metals, pharmaceuticals
- The average flow rate on a single NANO Fiber Electro-Positive Gravity flow filter is approximately 12 gallons per hour
- Carbon & Silver Impregnated
- Reduces 99.9999% of waterborne viruses
- Reduces 99.9998% of waterborne bacteria
- Reduces 99.99% of waterborne protozoa
- Filters water up to 200 times faster than a mechanical (micron) filter
- Lasts longer, holds 20-25 times more dirt and contaminants than a mechanical (micron filter) capable of removing viruses
- Outperforms all-ceramic Gravity Flow Filters
- Filters enough water to sustain a family of four, for up to six months during an emergency, disaster situation
- Large 2 1/2" x 7 1/2" Nano Filter with a 5-micron outer wrap
Water Pure Technologies filtration media creates an electrically charged (positive field) when water comes in contact with the nano filter media. There's no need for a power source. The filter allows for faster flow rates of 2 microns yet retains sub-micron (virus) filtration capabilities.
Our revolutionary media absorbs negatively charged particulates, which include bacteria, viruses, arsenic, lead, heavy metals, pesticides, pharmaceuticals, cysts, giardia and much more.
With Nano-fiber filtration we reduce contaminants by the thousands, much more than mechanical alternatives, with flow rates up to 20 gallons per minute.
That's enough to sustain entire villages!
Whether in the confines of the International Space Station or a small Village in a undeveloped country, safe, drinkable water is essential for human survival.
Unfortunately, many people around the world lack access to safe drinking water. Using Advanced-Nano Water Filtration Technology co-developed by NASA for use on the International Space Station, at-risk areas now how have access to Water Pure Technologies, Nano Electro-magnetic, water filtration and purification systems and point-of use products.
Access to clean water is vital for good health, and it makes life-saving differences in these communities.
Water Pure Technologies filters and systems provide the ultimate in waterborne contamination removal. Water Pure Technologies were co-developed by NASA for use on the International Space Station (ISS), they are used globally by Humanitarian groups and are setting the new stand for water filtration used in virulent environments.
How Nanofiber Filters Remove Contaminants
- They are not a mechanical filter media that relies on pore size to remove contaminants
- Removal of sub micron contaminants is achieved by electroadhesion and ion exchange
- Filter is based on the mineral pseudoboehimite, AIO(OH)
- Each gram of Alumina fiber has a surface area greater that 500 sq. meters
- The active fibers are 2 nm in diameter and approximately 250 nm in length
- The crystal structure of the mineral creates a natural electrokinetic potential of Al+++ on the surface of the fiber
- It is not an electrostatic charge that can be dissipated by alcohol immersion
- Charge potential maintains integrity between pH of 5.0 - 9.5 in polar liquids
- The available hydroxyl group in each fiber will also exchange protons with many electropositive colloids to retain them through a form of ion exchange
- The Crystal structure allows for an extremely high surface area and a large number of active sites for sub-micron contamination removal
- The pore size of the media is engineered such that the charge field covers the entire void of every pore
- There are approximately 400 layers of these pores in the thickness of the media that contamination pass through during filtration, creating a tortuous path
- The charge field removes the negatively charged sub-micron particles while the larger particles are captured with the fiber structure of the media
- The Nano-fiber filter captures "small" particles not captured by conventional, mechanical filters
- The Nano-fiber filter captures organic/microbial macromolecules
- Removes bacteria and viruses
- Mean pore size of 1.25 microns
- Cartridge pressure drop <0.1 bar
- Unique benefits: High flow rates, low pressure drop at Sub-micron retention
- Each layer has Nanoalumina, powdered activated carbon, Antimicrobial silver and approximately 400 layers of charge fibers
- 99.9999% virus reduction
- 99.9998% bacterial reduction
- 99.99% cysts, guardia reduction
- Reduces, fluoride, chlorine, lead, heavy metals, pesticides, pharmaceuticals, DNA, RNA, arsenic, chromium, endotoxins, mercury, and much more
- Silver/Carbon infused, they are anti-microbial
- 5 micron pre-filter outer wrap for longer field life
Advantages over RO Membrane which work on the basis of mechanical filtration and the need for high pressure and small pore size to remove Sub-micron particles.
The extremely small pore size of a membrane cause low flow rates. High water waste is also an issue with RO systems, as much as 5 gallons is needed to produce one gallon of water
Nano-fiber media has a much larger physical pore sizes which allows for higher flow rates, lower pressure drop, and can still remove Sub-micron particles due to the inherent charge field which extends across the entire void volume of the pores. There's no water loss, 100% of the water passes through filtration.
. If the water looks clear, put it through your filter. Otherwise, pour the water thru a coffee filter or something similar to remove the large dirty particles from the water. It’s the large particles in the water that will clog your filter very quickly. If the filter is cleanable, frequent cleaning/scrubbing will also reduce the filter life. If the filter is a one use disposable filter dirty water will drastically reduce the amount of water you will be able to filter.